Creating a lasting and living legacy with St. Vincent de Paul allows you to put your beliefs into action. Your generosity enhances your spiritual journey, preserves your estate for future generations and ensures the future of an organization whose work is important to you.

We are available to help you discover the charitable gift that's right for you. To get started, contact our Director of Mission Advancement, Helen Fahey at or 937-234-7988. 

Legacy Society
Pledge a gift from your will, trust, or beneficiary

As a thank you for being a supporter of St. Vincent de Paul Dayton, we're delighted to help you with your legal will. Our online legal will assistance is 100% FREE and most people finish in 20 minutes or less. Create your free will here.

Wills and beneficiary designations make all the difference in our ministries. Every year we have unfunded dreams of additional ways to minister to the poor in the Miami Valley.

Gifts like this are the easiest to make if you are concerned that you might need the asset during your lifetime. Perhaps you have a retirement account with no beneficiary, or relatives who no longer depend on you for financial assistance. Or perhaps you would like to assign a percentage in your will to your favorite charities to show your friends and family what is important to you.

To join our St. Vincent Legacy Society, simply include us in your free will online, or notify us of your intention to make a gift from your will, trust, or beneficiary designation. It is a special honor for the St. Vincent de Paul Society to be memorialized by your life in this way! Thank you for considering this once in a lifetime gift!

adult and child hold handsSt. Vincent Partners
Annually pledge 1% of your income or $1,000+

St. Vincent Partners are our core supporters who ensure we can effectively minister to our neighbors and provide thousands of opportunities for volunteers to serve the poor with love.

As a St. Vincent Partner, you become part of a network of leaders driving transformative community impact, creating hope for those in need while growing in spirituality and friendship. Partners are invited to join our ministries for special service opportunities. Each pledge of $1,000 provides the equivalent of shelter support for as many as 35 people.

St. Vincent Partners continue to serve our neighbors in need with breakthrough programs like “Getting Ahead in a Just Gettin’ by World” and our supportive housing ministries like De Paul Center for homeless men and Kettering Commons for homeless families affected by disabilities.

grandfather embraces childSt. Vincent Senior Partners
for those who are 70 1/2 with an IRA

If you are over 70 with an IRA, chances are that your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) adds to your income tax burden. Did you know that a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD), often called a charitable rollover, can satisfy your RMD but not add to your tax burden?!

Consider a charitable rollover to benefit our homeless guests at St. Vincent de Paul! We will gratefully apply your gift to provide a safe environment and meals for the hundreds of men, women, and children who stay with us each night.

Become a St. Vincent Senior Partner through a Qualified Charitable Distribution (tax exempt up to $100,000 per year), satisfying your Required Minimum Distribution. To get started, contact our Director of Mission Advancement, Helen Fahey at or 937-234-7988. 

Stock Donation
Give stock to support our ministries

Gifts of appreciated stock provide an excellent way to rebalance your portfolio while avoiding tax on long-term gains. When you make a gift of stock to St. Vincent de Paul Society, we can sell the stock for its full market value and apply the entire proceeds to our ministries without adverse tax consequences.

If you hold stock in certificates, or if you would like to make a gift from a mutual fund, please call Helen Fahey at (937) 234-7988 for assistance.

If you hold your stock in electronic form, you may provide your stock custodian with the following information:

Receiving Agent: Charles Schwab Co., Inc.
DTC Number: 0164
Account Number: 55420473
Account Name: St. Vincent de Paul

Please direct your custodian to include your name in the electronic submission.
Please contact Helen Fahey at (937) 234-7988 or to notify us of the number of shares and the stock name.