As we wrap up the Thanksgiving season, we want to express our gratitude for the ongoing support of our local Catholic schools. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we received many generous donations as a result of the efforts of the students and their families. These gifts provided meals in our shelters as well as generous distributions in the food pantry so that our neighbors could celebrate with a nice meal.
Here are just a few of the gifts we received in preparation for Thanksgiving:
- Alter High School provided 137 large turkeys and 689 lbs. of canned goods
- Bishop Leibold donated 723 lbs. of food
- Incarnation school provided more than 3,600 units of necessary staples
- St. Luke school provides monthly support to our food pantry
- St. Peter school donated more than 250 pairs of socks
- Bishop Fenwick high school regularly provides hundreds of bag lunches per month
- A group of students from Carroll, Alter, and Chaminade Julianne high schools served our guests in the Women and Families shelter by serving dinner on Halloween and assisting with a party
The partnership with these and other schools in our area are critical to the support of our neighbors in need and allows the students, families, and faculty the opportunity to show the love of Christ in a very tangible way.