Supportive Housing Ministries
St. Vincent de Paul operates supportive housing ministries for individuals and families throughout Montgomery County who experience significant barriers to sustaining housing, particularly severe and persistent mental illness.
Supportive housing provides resources like ongoing case management, life-skills education programs, connections to agency services, addiction and mental health recovery, spirituality, recreation, and social activities, all with the hope that residents will find the support they need to fulfill God’s plan for their lives.
This community-minded approach sets our supportive housing ministries apart from others in the area. Community gatherings and programs offer opportunities for staff, residents, and volunteers to build connections that spark creativity and motivation, and form a foundation of trust for deep, authentic relationships.
Supportive housing ministries include:
- Safe and affordable housing in one of our communities:
- DePaul Center for men who experience chronic homelessness due to substance use disorder and/or severe and persistent mental illness;
- Kettering Commons for family households with disabilities;
- Safe Haven for homeless adults with significant barriers to rehousing, particularly severe and persistent mental illness.
- Comprehensive case management services to assist participants in recognizing their strengths and reaching their personal goals
- Action plans which include personal finances, home management, education, employment, and personal development
- Referrals to other services to provide physical and mental health care
- Assistance in locating safe, affordable independent housing
Clients are accepted only through a referral by one of our Gateway Shelters or community partners.
The Housing Focused Shelter Services secures landlords for the various programs that rehouse our guests. If you have rental properties or know of a landlord that is willing to assist with this dire need, please reach out to Vie Miller, Rehousing Manger: firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call her at 937-222-7349 ext 131.