You can provide comfort and nourishment.
Your gift of a meal can bring comfort and nourishment to someone experiencing a significant hardship in their life. By signing up online to donate a meal, you will greatly help kitchen staff coordinate and plan the 1,500 meals they prepare and serve to guests in shelter each day. Please access the calendars and sign up to donate casseroles or bag lunches by clicking the buttons below.
Casserole donations are a simple and effective way to provide comforting meals to the large numbers of shelter guests we serve daily. There is nothing like a hearty, home-cooked meal to nourish the body and soul during a time of hardship.
- To serve the guests at both of our shelters, we require about 54 casseroles per day. On average, we serve casseroles four times per week. That’s 216 casseroles per week or around 1,000 per month. Every donation helps!
- The Casserole Donation Guide explains how to organize a large casserole donation. It also provides helpful information for your casserole cooks, including recommended recipes.
- We request that all casseroles be delivered all together and FROZEN. Our food donation dock is open every day 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. to receive food donations.Click here for directions to our food donation dock.If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bag Lunch Donation
When a guest first comes to shelter, the first thing we do is offer them something to eat. The Bag Lunch ministry is essential for our two Gateway Shelters and augments our daily menu.
Bag lunches allow us to accommodate these guests when the arrive between mealtimes, as well as those who stay in our “overflow” areas and/or guests who are unable to eat a meal on-site due to appointments and/or work commitments.
- We utilize approximately 125 bag lunches daily. If you can provide 125 or more, great! If not, we are very grateful for whatever you can offer.
- The Bag Lunch Donation Guide has instructions and helpful tips for how to prepare a bag lunch donation.
- Our food donation dock is open every day 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. to receive food donations. Click here for directions to our food donation dock.If you have questions, please email email@example.com.